Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 2 (my portion control....sucks)

Before I continue I do want those watching to know I don't expect to lose a ton of weight in the next week.  A gradual loss with some good old fashioned exercise and nutrition is the way to go.  That being said, I need to work on my portion control.  Because I'm nursing I'm factoring in some extra calories and meals but need to work on not eating so much in one sitting.  The food in my fridge isn't going anywhere and neither am I (at -20 degrees outside).  My focus today is discipline and portion control.

My Meals Today:

Breakfast: Scrambled egg with 2 whites. Bran flakes with blueberries and soy milk.
Snack: Almonds, unsalted peanuts, raisins
Lunch: Homemade veggie and bean soup (Thanks Andie!) whole wheat tortilla, Quinoa salad (see below)
Snack: Greek Yogurt with fruit
Dinner: Left over soup, spinach and green salad
Snack: Rice cake (chocolate chip of course) with peanut butter.

Quinoa Salad:  So I'm new at making this stuff (needs lot's of rinsing) http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/quinoa-salad.php  Check out this site for some thoughts on how to cook this stuff.
I put cucumber, tomatoes, and feta in my salad. 

Workout today:
Ab workout from yesterday. 
Getting the muscle bar out again today....Gonna do Chest, Gluts, Biceps

Diaper Change Exercise:
Stickin with Tricep Dips....10-12 per change. 

 Water: Again, shooting for 90-100 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment