Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yes, I'm eating Dessert!

Let me just say that breast feeding makes me hungry beyond any day of my entire pregnancy.  Because I could probably eat all day I need to make sure I'm buying lot's of fruits and veggies and stocking my fridge with guilt free foods.  Let's be honest, sometimes an apple just doesn't cut the sweet tooth that has ravaged my body since my teenage years.  Below are 2 recipes given to me by friends that really satisfy and offer some much needed protein to my snack.

Bird Seed Bars:
2/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey (or aguave syrup...lower in sugar)
Toast seeds in a dry skillet. Heat honey and peanut butter in a pan and stir in seeds.  Line 11 x 7 pan with wax paper and press mixture in to bottom of pan.  Cool  and store in fridge.


Baked Apples:
Slice up 2 or 3 Gala apples (or your favorite)
Place in a baking dish with some orange or apple juice coating the bottom of the pan. 
Mix together: oats, some whole wheat flour, 2 Tb of butter, 2 Tb Maple syrup (sugar free if you want), and a handful of walnuts.  Fork together and sprinkle over apples.  Bake at 350 for about 10-15 mins. 

My Meals Today:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, scoop soy protein, raisins, aguave syrup.
Snack: almonds and a banana
Lunch: Panera (chicken soup, 1/2 turkey sand on w/w)
Snack: Apple with peanut butter....some of the bird seed bar (probably too much)
Dinner: Yummy Chicken Tortilla soup, slice of w/w bread and green salad
Snack: Baked Apple Dessert!

Slacked off on the Diaper Changing exercise today.  However, I did shovel my driveway which only further proved my need for core work.  It's amazing how often we use our core muscles and how much our backs can compensate when the anterior ab muscles are weak.  Not a good scenario...if your abs are weak strengthen them before your back takes over!

No comments:

Post a Comment