Monday, February 7, 2011

1 Week Down!

I'm a huge proponent of eating healthy as a lifestyle and not just when you need to drop a few pounds.  This morning on the Today show they did a story based on the question, "Do we as Americans put too much emphasis on being in shape and having the body to show for it?".  I have to say that when it comes to being fit I don't think we put enough emphasis on it.  Although I think we could all do without the shapely bodies on the cover of fitness and health magazines, there is still a lot to be said for taking fitness and exercise seriously. 


My son's school began their yearly program called On the Move which aims to keep kids accountable for the foods they eat and how much exercise they get.  It's so great to see him consciously eating more vegetables during the day. I have to admit that the winter months are really tough for getting in tons of exercise.  Instead of his usually hour of basketball or riding his bike after school we are getting creative with our indoor mini trampoline and wii sport games.  If every one took 2 months to hold themselves accountable for more activity and a healthier diet we'd all be significantly healthier! 

My Meals:
Breakfast: Bran flakes with fresh blueberries, lt soy milk, 2 egg whites.
Snack: unsalted peanuts, grapes
Lunch:  Tuna (tuna mixed with nf greek yogurt, a little sweet relish, and a squirt of mayo) on w/w slice of bread with spinach leaves. 1/2 grapefruit
Snack: oatmeal with soy protein, and flaxseed, and aguave syrup.
Dinner: Chicken (spicy seasoning), brown rice, asparagus
Snack: carmel rice cake with soy milk.

Diaper Changing Exercise:
This week I'll be alternating between 10 dips and 10 push-ups.  Still modifying my push-ups until I feel like my abs are strong enough to remain flat and tight on the lift and lower. 

Hoping to get a treadmill walk in today.  IF I get that opportunity, I'll alternate 5 min walk with squats and static lunges to keep my knees protected. 

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment