Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 4 Sleepy Mommy Syndrome

News Flash! 
Moms have another aspect of life to deal with when working to lose or gain control of baby weight.  It's called  LACK OF SLEEP!  I say this quietly as my sweet children take a much needed nap.  Me...a quick snooze then it's off to fold laundry, clean up a mesy house, and hopefully squeeze in a quick bite to eat, email check, and maybe a workout.

Sleep and Rest are essential parts to recovery and something the body must have to function properly.  Squeeze in short naps those first few weeks.  The workout is secondary to sleep. I should also mention that I had a normal vaginal delivery without complication and this is my 3rd child.  First time moms tend to need more recovery time as the body adjusts.   

My Meals Today:
Breakfast: Peanut butter (natural) on whole wheat toast, coffee....Had to get kids off to school...
Snack:  Oatmeal with soy protein (1 Tbsp), raisins, and aguave syrup
Lunch: Left over veggie soup and 2 slices of Great Harvest 9 grain bread
Snack: Apple with peanut butter
Dinner:  Green Salad with Spinach, cucumber, tomatoe, and tuna with whole grain bread (family having Sloppy Joes...YUCK!)
Snack: chocolate Chip Rice Cake with soy milk 

Diaper Changing Exercise Today:
For the next 2 days I'm working on my push-up form.  On my knees and really focusing on exhaling my belly button to my spine on the way up.  I'm only doing 10 and I'm not dropping all the way to the floor.  Super important to have those abs reform to protect your back and coreset your core before really focusing on the abs. 

Workout Today: 20 mins Used Muscle Bar
Chest = Push up practice, Floor chest press (2 mins of squeezing bar together), REPEAT 3 times

Outer thigh = Side lying bar resting on top leg.  Lift and lower 20 times, Circles 20 times REPEAT and change sides.

Biceps = Basic curls (slow with big exhale) about 25, Hammer curls 12 REPEAT

Same Ab exercises as yesterday.  Added side plank from knees.  Hold for 8 breaths (2 times each side)

No comments:

Post a Comment