Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh Where or Where Did the Day Go?

The days are flashing by and progress is slow.  Taking care of my 3 kids has to come first.   Taking the back seat is me and my need for exercise.  I sit here at the computer while my little one sleeps and my 3 year old hangs out with grandma for a few hours.  What am I doing?  I'm alternating between blog, work, and lunges.  Sound crazy?  I'm determined to get back into triathlon racing and would like to play recreation soccer in the spring.  I know my knees (old soccer joints) won't do well with 15 extra pounds stacked on top of them.  As part of this process I'm posting my goals on the bathroom mirror.  Not my weight loss goals but my real goals (finishing a tri in July, playing soccer in March, etc.).
 Next to those goals I have a picture of my family...they were worth every inch and pound. 

My Meals Today:
Breakfast: 1 egg 1 white, bran flakes, blue berries, soy milk.
Snack: Bird Seed bar (probably too much sugar)
Lunch: Tortilla soup, w/w tortilla, kiwi
Snack: Greek Yogurt with berries
Dinner: Hibashi with in laws (grilled chicken with veggies)  Gonna look at the menu ahead of time.
Snack: Carmel Rice Cake with a few nuts.

Instead of a Diaper Changing Exercise today I'm focusing on my legs.  The biggest muscles in our body...also burning them most calories with strength training. 
So, 6 times today I'll do baby squats (15 each time).  Holding baby firmly too my chest and sitting back into a squat.  Your knees are not going over your toes....your knees should hardly move. 

Need form help?  Place a chair behind you, lower down toward the seat and press through your heels as you stand up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment